Miss Gertrude is currently seeking a full time or part time Stylist/Colourist to join our team.
Miss Gertrude has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Stylist to join our well established and busy team. You must be passionate about client care and have experience in both cutting and colour work. We can offer you a supportive workplace, with a great team and fantastic clients. Hours can be negotiated for the right applicant.
Some of the skills and qualities we are looking for in a hairdresser are:
- An experienced hair cutter and stylist with several years experience.
- A confident and clear communicator who can provide quality customer care.
- The salon can be very busy, we are looking for an energetic Stylist/Colourist who works well in a team.
- Miss Gertrude prides itself on quality and consistent service. We are looking for someone who will contribute to our practices as well as respond well to direction.
- You must be confident in educating your clients about their hair condition, the products that you use in their hair and make recommendations for home care and styling.
- You will be required to work some late nights and on a Saturday.
What we can offer you:
- A well supported working environment with regular contact and supervision with the salon manager.
- Acknowledgement and value of the work that you do. A busy salon to quickly build clientele.
- We offer an hourly rate as well as commission.
- We have the opportunity to offer either full time or part time work.
- We use Davines products and provide training and education.
- Our salon is coordinated by a team of receptionist, and uses Shortcuts Salon Management Software.
- Opportunities to contribute to apprentice training and education.
- Training is essential in keeping and developing skill level, therefore we encourage and support staff to attend external and internal education opportunities.
A little bit more about who we are:
Miss Gertrude is subtle, intimate and considered. Miss Gertrude brings together a team of stylists and technicians who are impeccably trained to an international standard. They are all extremely experienced, continually honing their skills and knowledge of new trends and products. Miss Gertrude appreciates her community and the creativity that surrounds her. Miss Gertrude is located right in the heart of Gertrude Streets creative bustle, with a side entrance ensuring a discreet experience, making the salon one of Melbourne's best hidden secrets. Miss Gertrude is edgy and elegant, directional and discerning.And with equal commitment to contemporary fashion and sustainability, Miss Gertrude is a very modern hair salon.
If you think that the Miss Gertrude Salon Stylist role is perfect for you, we look forward to receiving your resume and letter of interest telling us a little bit about yourself.